Janet Pittman Reed is an attorney in Jacksonville, North Carolina, and handles Family Law cases such as Divorce & Separation, Personal Injury, Traffic, Criminal Law, Driver’s License Restoration Services, and Civil Litigation cases.
Attorney, The Law Office of Attorney Janet Pittman Reed. Since 2010, Janet Reed has practiced law in North Carolina. Her practice includes:
· General law practice, including representation of traffic, criminal law, uncontested divorce, power of attorney, wills, domestic, separation agreements, custody agreements, and personal injury matters.
· Prepare and review pleadings, settlement agreements, contracts, deeds of trust, powers-of-attorney, wills, trusts and other documents
· Represent clients in personal injury and social security cases
At the same time, Ms. Reed has provided services as a lead litigation support as part of a litigation team and legal research as part of her consulting firm:
Janet Pittman Reed Consultants, Owner, Jacksonville and Raleigh, North Carolina, 1992-Present.
· Conduct litigation support and legal research in concert with the litigation team of paralegals and attorneys utilizing traditional methods and computer-based applications in family law, Chapter 11 Bankruptcies, Civil Litigation.
· Analyze and compile data for bankruptcy filings and research legal issues to Bankruptcy, Corporate and Family Law Cases
· Analyze contracts and modifications, court transcripts, pleadings, as well as background documents to assist attorneys with case strategy and development
Attorney, Law Offices of Janet Pittman Reed, Jacksonville, NC, 1998-2010:
· Represented clients in civil litigations, civil rights, landlord/tenant relations, family law, corporate law, contract drafting and negotiations, real estate transactions, and dispute resolution including mediation and settlement conferences
· Prepared and reviewed pleadings, settlement agreements, contracts, deeds of trust, powers-of-attorney, wills, trusts and other documents
· Performed research, drafted memos, motions and other court filings for a general litigation firm with a variety of clients.
Compliance Office, Detroit, MI and Chicago, IL,1989-1992, US Department of Labor, Office of Compliance and Contracts and Purchases.
· Conducted investigations involving contractors’ compliance with affirmative action and non-discrimination policies for minorities, women, handicapped and veterans which resulted in preparation and generation of reports for review by federal agencies
· Provided general assistance to the compliance office working with a diverse population
Ms. Reed graduated with a Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Florida Holland Law Center, Gainesville, Florida in 1985, and was admitted to the practice of law in North Carolina in 1997.
Summer Legal Internship Syracuse University Study Abroad Program in London England, United Kingdom Studying English Legal models through hands- on experience working with Barristers and Solicitors at the Greenhouse, Stirton, and Co. in Islington, England.
Before her law studies, she received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Political Science/Business Major (1979-1983).
· NC State Bar
· NC Advocates for Justice
· American Bar Association
· National Bar Association
· NC Bar Association
· Fourth Judicial District Bar Association
Volunteer and Community Development
· Member of the Professional Wellness Committee of the North Carolina Bar, whose purpose it is to make sure that lawyers of all ages and stages of practice have the information and support they need to take care of themselves, as well as their clients (September 2018 – present). See https://ncbarblog.com/welcome-to-the-new-professional-wellness-committee/
· Member Legal Affairs Committee 2018-2019, North Carolina Advocates for Justice (NCAJ) The Legal Affairs Committee focuses on developing the amicus moot court programs that are an important part of the work that NCAJ does to serve the legal community. See https://www.ncaj.com/index.cfm?pg=about_us
· Volunteer with the Charity Tri-Counties Crusaders, a Housing Assistance Service in Jacksonville, North Carolina. The Charity is a reentry program that provides a pre- and post-release programs for those formerly incarcerated in Eastern, North Carolina. See https://www.facebook.com/TCCReentry/
· Volunteer, Raleigh Rescue Mission, Raleigh, NC
· Volunteer, Dress for Success, Raleigh/Durham, NC
· Volunteer Attorney, North Carolina Bar Association- Lawyer on the Line
· X-Treme Travel Certified Travel Agent offering group and individual travel services.
· Motivational Speaker including being Moderator, Guest Speaker on Basic Family Law services including custody and domestic violence, Juneteenth Event guest Speaker
Attorney Profile: https://solomonlawguild.com/janet-p-reed
Please contact us for further information.
The Law Office of Attorney Janet Pittman Reed
Post Office Box 1439
Jacksonville, NC 28541
Phone: (910) 381-1758